Flexlm doesn't see my network card Broadcom 4401

Gub

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

How can I make Flexlm (license checking software) see my network card on OSx86 10.4.7 (JaS) ?

The crazy thing is that MacOS 10.4.7 recognizes the ethernet card, displays it's ethernet ID, and networking works perflectly.

Please help me. Thank you !

Are you sure it's x86 of flexlm? Perhaps it's just running through rosetta (with unknown results as a consequence). I know that flexlm is often only able to detect the *first* network card. So perhaps it's detecting something but not what you expect it to see.

The short answer is though that if flexlm doesn't see the card then there is nothing you can do about it. Consider it as a bug in the software. Only the vendor can fix it for you.

If you're interested in license statistics to see if you have enough or too many licenses you should look into http://www.x-formation.com/license_statistics/index.html

It gives you an inexpensive solution to track your usage. It could be useful even if you're a small company once you got your problem solved.

Good luck!

-- Poul

Hello pould. Thanks a lot for answering, I really appreciate ;)

It may be running through Rosetta. This Flexlm works conjointly with a software I use. When I launch the software, Flexlm checks the license of this software ; if checking went fine, the software loads, if it doesn't, I can't use the software.

Flexlm doesn't only check the validity of the license ; it also verifies that the Ethernet ID written in the license is the same as the machine's hostid.

The problem is that as Flexlm doesn't recognize my ethernet card, the Ethernet ID of the license is different from the one of my computer (0 for Flexlm).

If Flexlm was able to recognize my ethernet card, everything would run fine. It should recognize it, as MacOS does (and displays the correct Ethernet ID) ! So it must be a bug, you're right.

Do you think I can "modify" this installed Flexlm, by updating it, or using another licensing software ?