Cannot achieve 1366x768

ihartmacz

4 posts in this topic

Greetings all,

I tried searching for this kind of topic but couldn't find anything. Hopefully you can help me! :(

I've been running a Hackintosh as my primary OS for about 2 years now and I love it. I made the switch to Snow Leopard only a few months ago after running iDeneb 10.5.6(?). I've always used NVidia cards and have had the best luck with them. However, I have had no luck running at my monitor's native resolution (1366x768).

What's weird is that it offers 1360x768 and despite the card being identified correctly it's identified as only having 512MB of RAM instead of 1GB. I have a transparent menu bar and accelerated video, and I have to restart anytime I need to change resolution.

I have a computer that I built myself:

GA-X58A-UD3R rev. 2.0 FF

Intel Core i7 950 - 3.07Ghz

PNY VERTO GeForce GT 430

8 GB DDR3 memory

Acer X183H connected via VGA

Installed using retail DVD, [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.0.4, [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with a DSDT from the database, and TonyMac's Nvidia Drivers.

Other than this issue, the system SCREAMS. Very dependable and FAST.

0Gh8b.png

WnPj5.png

Greetings all,

I tried searching for this kind of topic but couldn't find anything. Hopefully you can help me! :angel:

I've been running a Hackintosh as my primary OS for about 2 years now and I love it. I made the switch to Snow Leopard only a few months ago after running iDeneb 10.5.6(?). I've always used NVidia cards and have had the best luck with them. However, I have had no luck running at my monitor's native resolution (1366x768).

What's weird is that it offers 1360x768 and despite the card being identified correctly it's identified as only having 512MB of RAM instead of 1GB. I have a transparent menu bar and accelerated video, and I have to restart anytime I need to change resolution.

Hello sir here is your answer: Solution and solution for the resolution about the memory detection, I'm not certainly sure what could be, because if you installed tony's mac drivers from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. You may try with making a Custom string for your card.

I had a lot of time thinking on post the tutorial, but I hadn't had time to do it. So I hope It will help you and I will do it jejejej

• 2 weeks later...

I come with another question. I got a new ViewSonic VA2431wm and I love it, I connected it with DVI and I am impressed with the output. My problem is that I get a black screen on the new monitor unless my old monitor is connected with VGA to the card.

Any ideas? I'm using Tonymacs Nvidia drivers.