multiboot Retail Snow Leopard & Windows 7 problem

2 posts in this topic

Sorry for my English — Russian Hackintosh lover requests some help :)

My hardware:

Asus P6T SE (BIOS ver 0808)

Intel Core i7 920 2.67 Ghz (no overclocking).

9 Gb RAM (tripple channel set to 1333 Mhz, Kingston 3x1Gb standart profile and 3x2Gb low profile modules)

Nvidia GT240 (GDDR5) 1024 Mb

2 WD hdd's (320 & 1024 Gb) 7200 rpm (both HFS+)

Before the problem:

I had installed retail mac os x on this configuration using EFI Kit (without booting from flash drive 'cause I had no preinstalled osx environment to restore installation disk on it). After post-install actions such as writing Chameleon on hdd, patching DSDT (for correct perfomance of SATA devices), copying NVEnabler64.kext (for my video) and ALC1200.kext everything worked perfect.

But few days ago I wanted to play some latest games with highest perfomance... Installed before it Parallels wasn't perfect decision. So I've opened disk utility, cut some free space (100Gb) from 320 Gb of mac partition, formatted it into fat32, rebooted and started windows 7 ultimate x64 installation on that new part.

So... Problem

Of course, I lost boot loading my mac os after installing windowz. That's why I installed EasyBCD and added to it my mac operating system. First of all when I choose mac os x booting from easyBCD menu, its chameleon says me, that it wants to load system from my secondary 1024gb hdd (!) although it shows me only macos and windows partitions. And cannot do this, if I do nothing. But when I hit F8 and choose mac part, it loads osx normally.

Then I killed windows partition and load macos with EasyBCD (it rewrites its loader on hdd's boot record???). With Disk Utility I expand back mac partition to 320 gb. And reboot.

So I now have boot error and cannot load system.

Next problem

I tried to repair bootloading by inserting mac osx installation disk (sure through easyKIT)... and it doesn't work now too!!! Type "-v". After the string "Got boot device" and some others (ethernet MAC-address) loading stopped without any error messages.

Any suggestions? How can I repair bootlader without loosing any data and how can I start installation disk?

UPD. today's evening I'll try to upgrade bios version to 0908 and load installation disk through new EasyEFI version 3.1.

UPD. today's evening I'll try to upgrade bios version to 0908 and load installation disk through new EasyEFI version 3.1.

Successfully updated BIOS, then I loaded my old EasyEFI and selected installed OS X. I start it in a single-user mode (-s) and rebuild loader with "fdisk" command. Just made my mac partition active again.