ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AIW on an AMD. Help!

2 posts in this topic

I'm having a problem getting QE/CI working in OSX. My GFX card is a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AIW. I'm running the 10.4.7 repacked Jas .iso on a AMD 64 3200+ and a KV8MAX3 mobo w/ 1GB of RAM. The wiki says my card is supported default with 10.4.3. With all the ATI kext removed, everything boots fine. I had to delete them to have it boot up w/out scintillating(sp?) colors.

EDIT: Information Condensed and Progress Updated!!

I was able to use the fixed Callisto 003 build to get my GFX card to work and be detected in system profiler as the 9800 Pro NH! There are no ATI kexts in my Extensions folder. CI/QE are not supported just yet. I'm wondering which kexts should I put back into the Extensions folder that will work with Callisto to get CI/QE enabled. The faq says to edit a ATIRadeonXXXXGA.plugin where XXXX depends on your card model. I believe the closest to my card would be the 9700 plugins except there is no ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin in the 10.4.7 or 10.4.5 builds. Should I only add the 9700 kexts and plugins or all of them? If you need any other information from me to help me please let me know.

-SEDRICK