Error Log

dublea

4 posts in this topic

Hey, I just want to know if there is a way to make a log of everything happening when OSx86 is booting up? I know you can do a -v and see everthing, but I want to know if there is a way to save all of this to a file. I'm having some problems, but OSx86 starts up too quickly for me to write down these errors, let alone remember them.

Use a webcam pointed at the monitor and then advance 1 fps at a time :idea: :idea:

Seriously...

I believe that something like this can be done, but i think you should read some apple documentation. You should try to read the online help inside os x. Try to find something there. If nothing comes out, then try to google for the information you need.

Hey, I just want to know if there is a way to make a log of everything happening when OSx86 is booting up? I know you can do a -v and see everthing, but I want to know if there is a way to save all of this to a file. I'm having some problems, but OSx86 starts up too quickly for me to write down these errors, let alone remember them.

Go to the Utilities folder and open "Console"

Click on "Logs" in the upper left and then select "system.log" in the left pane.

Also, open Terminal in the Utilities folder.

Type: sudo dmesg

and give your password.