Zephiroth 10.5.1 will only boot in safe mode

globy

4 posts in this topic

My specs are:

Amd Athlon X2 250 processor

2Gb Ram

Nvidia 9800gt

I have a SATA DVD drive and an IDE HDD. I tried installing it on a SATA HDD but I have the same problem.

I installed Zephiroth 10.5.1 on a newly formatted drive, and when I reboot it gives me an error like this:

Kernel Version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sat Jun 2 00:11:00 SCT 2011; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

Can someone help me please! I tried searching on the forum but no one ever answers the people who ask it. I have tried other distros and they all give a still waiting for root device error. Zephiroth only works if I boot with -x which is safe mode and safe mode doesn't load any drivers at all. If anyone knows how to solve this problem that would be great.

Suggestion: instead of working with an ancient and semi-unknown distro, you should investigate the meaning of "still waiting for root device", possibly the most common error in OSx86 history.

Don't you think I tried to fix the waiting root device error? I'm asking for help and you tell me to fix my other problem. Very useful. Suggestion: Next time someone asks a question, try and answer it.

Don't you think I tried to fix the waiting root device error? I'm asking for help and you tell me to fix my other problem. Very useful. Suggestion: Next time someone asks a question, try and answer it.

It is not "your other problem", it is simply the problem you are having.

And in any case if you are hoping to get help, you should at least let us know which motherboard you have.