ATI 4830 0x944c, framebuffer ok, but no QE CI

roger8ds

11 posts in this topic

hi,

(SL 10.6.7)

now i ve got everything working (sleep, speedstep, audio, ports etc.) on a

,atm at 32bit, 64bit works too,

i5-2500k (10.6.7+1.4.1 chimera/dsdt & bridgehelper)

GA H67N (F5+dsdt)

one ati 4830 powercolor 0x944c1002 card

tried first:

ati 4830 ([url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] injection + netkas 10.6.7 pkg) -- GE=Yes, no QE CI

tried second:

ati 4830, [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] inject or manual 0x944c1002 edit + netkas 10.6.7 pkg + EvoEnabler, GE=No, no QE CI

ioreg show s ATY,Motmot framebuffer is autoloaded, correct vendor id edited into ati4800 kext

even with and without (EvoEnabler) GraphicsEnabler=No, AtiConfig=Motmot ## no QE CI

everything is fine (without EvoEnabler i need GE=Yes)

i mean ... auto adjusted correct resolution, multidisplay (manual resolution change etc.)

on HDMI / DVI / VGA

but

-Front Row loads and stays black

-Vlc videos are black, no content

-dvdPlayer, video device error

Quicktime appleTrailer site (on site Download Option playing video works)

Quicktime appleTrailer site (on site DirectPlay in safari, Videos have only Audio no Video)

it seems that QE CI isnt enabled

did i miss a final important installation step or made an failure, that results into a non-enabled QE CI ?

well for the 4830 I have a set of packages that should workout for you at least to get dvi working I haven't gotten the hdmi or vga to work on mine (the difference is that my card is a 4850 but same dvi-vga-hdmi ports)

give it a go and lemme know if it works out for you

4830_DVI_VGA_HDMI_SL_10.6.3.zip

well for the 4830 I have a set of packages that should workout for you at least to get dvi working I haven't gotten the hdmi or vga to work on mine (the difference is that my card is a 4850 but same dvi-vga-hdmi ports)

give it a go and lemme know if it works out for you

thx for reply and sharing.

i tried your attached data /the installation info and followed it, but still no QE CI. OpenGL benchmark works, but

still no dvdplayer / Front Row / Dashboard (New widget popup effect wizzle thing) nor vlc video player.

i also tried GE=yes, AtiConfig=Quail

it should be an alternative framebuffer, but after restart ioreg | grep ATY says still MotMot.

Wow you're an odd case normally the package works or [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

You could try if you haven't already andy's ati package and edit in the id's for your 4830. As for the FB normally, the 4850 I have defaults to Motmot and I haven't found a way to change it even using the aticonfig boot string.

Lemme know if anything new happens.

framebuffer isn't the problem. it's loaded and works well. graphics accelleration shouldn'd depends by framebuffer, but I got the same problem under 10.6.5 update. I just reboot and voilà qe/ci enabled. I don't know why, but I suggest to remove caches, repair permissions, change bootloader.. try something like this. it's a little freaky solution but cost to you less then buy a new card :P

Wow you're an odd case normally the package works or [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

You could try if you haven't already andy's ati package and edit in the id's for your 4830. As for the FB normally, the 4850 I have defaults to Motmot and I haven't found a way to change it even using the aticonfig boot string.

Lemme know if anything new happens.

which "andy s ati package" do you mean?

i found this one by searching, but it seems that its not from andy

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...00#entry1676616

framebuffer isn't the problem. it's loaded and works well. graphics accelleration shouldn'd depends by framebuffer, but I got the same problem under 10.6.5 update. I just reboot and voilà qe/ci enabled. I don't know why, but I suggest to remove caches, repair permissions, change bootloader.. try something like this. it's a little freaky solution but cost to you less then buy a new card :(

thx for reply.

which bootloader do you mean / use?

should i just copy the mentioned boot file to /extra, or where is the right place for it.

(i think ive got no seperate efi partition, because i didnt do the terminal commands)

• 1 month later...

I got it to work using the stuff in my signature. BUT sometimes it loads and after the apple logo goes away I get to a gray screen in full resolution, but all I can do is select shut down, without seeing the mouse... so the desktop doesn't load. I can't figure out what to do..

hi

i have a sapphire HD 4830 ( DVI/DVI ) , and it works great without problem ! Just use a chameleon bootloader , put on your com.apple.Boot.plist :

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

and use this kexts :

for 10.6.7 : QE_CI_Exotic_patch_for_10.6.7.zip

proof : 10.6.7.png

for 10.6.8 : QE_CI_Exotic_patch_for_10.6.8.zip

proof : 10.6.8.png

for Lion : QE_CI_Exotic_patch_for_10.7.0.zip

proof : 10.7.0.png

( p.s : this kexts work on Lion 10.7.2 too !!! :) )

proof : Capture_d___e__cran_2011_07_24_a___20.14.00.png

P.S : all credits go to Netkas ! :P