install gets stuck after darwin/x86

mr2face

2 posts in this topic

I am trying to install the JaS image with PPF1 for intel/AMD to my toshiba satellite laptop. it starts fine and then gets stuck on the black screen with the white text- (command prompt) saying the following:

kernel version

Darwin kernel version 8.8.1 <date/time> AZOT 2006; semthex:/nebukadnezar/BUILD/obj/RELEASEI386

there is no apple logo or anything. bear in mind i managed to install the same image using vmware without any issues. it runs fine although it's a bit slow and i cannot access some webpages.

I looked around and somebody suggested that i use the image with PPF2, which i did. still the same issue.

Any help is appreciated. i know other people have posted this but i haven't found a reliable answer. hence posting again.

I am trying to install the JaS image with PPF1 for intel/AMD to my toshiba satellite laptop. it starts fine and then gets stuck on the black screen with the white text- (command prompt) saying the following:

kernel version

Darwin kernel version 8.8.1 <date/time> AZOT 2006; semthex:/nebukadnezar/BUILD/obj/RELEASEI386

there is no apple logo or anything. bear in mind i managed to install the same image using vmware without any issues. it runs fine although it's a bit slow and i cannot access some webpages.

I looked around and somebody suggested that i use the image with PPF2, which i did. still the same issue.

Any help is appreciated. i know other people have posted this but i haven't found a reliable answer. hence posting again.

oddly enough it's working on my other 'older' laptop! Toshiba M800