10.6.3 AMD MyHack Retail install [DELETE THIS THREAD]

1 post in this topic

Whats up guys,so I decided to go with a retail install instead of using distros, I followed every step using the Myhack Installer preparing my 40gb external(in my 10.6 SnoLeo distro) but I cannot seem to install from it,when I boot from the external, the boot loader comes up fine,but when I select the external HDD where the Retail Snow leopard disk was restored to using the -v command, it loads up the chocolate kernel and a few other lines and stops at what I believe to be something to do with smbios(goes to fast to tell forsure) and restarts automatically. I'm about to give up on OSX86 as its caused alot of trouble for me the past week. I thought doing a retail install would be better but I dunno, So if someone could point me in the right direction it would be much obliged. Thanks.

Edit: I didn't see where I was posting this so If a mod could put it in the right place that would be awesome :)

2nd edit: I took a video so i could see the error and the very last line before it reboots says No DSDT replacement found. Leaving ACPI data as is.but when i boot with -v cpus=1 busratio=25 the retail restore loads fine,after it installs however it says cannot find chocolate kernel!

3rd edit: I ended up using a different usb method using nawcom's usb. please Delete this thread