Trying to boot into OSx... was able to boot into safe mode sucessfully

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys, this is my first post here. Um I wanted to first start by saying I have a lenovo thinkpad T510 with 4gb of ram and an intel core 2 duo i7 processor. I installed the os from a "backup" disc that would boot on my PC. The install went fine and everything was working, except my wireless card which is apparently unsupported (Intel Centrino n 6200 agn). Anyways, when I rebooted I got a kernel panic. Backtrace (CPU 1), frame: return address (4 potential args on stack).. and then a bunch of stuff. it ended with com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily(1.8.8fc)hex and "".""."".IOPCIFamily(2.6) hex. If your interested I took a photo of it. Regardless, I figured those were the problem, so i booted up into safemode. I have windows 7 partitioned and MacOS 10.6.7 on the same hard drive. In safe mode I found the selected kexts, and copied them to my desktop and then i proceeded to reboot. Then it kernel panicked in both safe mode and regular. I put the instal disk in and ran terminal and moved the kexts from the desktop back to their original locations (/extra/extensions). Now when I reboot it gets further than when it panicked, but stops at prl_net : : bindHW: (1) failed to setup promisc mode: 66. it says it twice and freezes there. I tried disk utility to repair permissions and repair disk. However, it does not do anything. Can anyone give me anything to try to fix this please? I am stumped. Yes, I have parallel desktop installed if that was needed to. Thank you!

Hey guys, this is my first post here. Um I wanted to first start by saying I have a lenovo thinkpad T510 with 4gb of ram and an intel core 2 duo i7 processor. I installed the os from a "backup" disc that would boot on my PC. The install went fine and everything was working, except my wireless card which is apparently unsupported (Intel Centrino n 6200 agn). Anyways, when I rebooted I got a kernel panic. Backtrace (CPU 1), frame: return address (4 potential args on stack).. and then a bunch of stuff. it ended with com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily(1.8.8fc)hex and "".""."".IOPCIFamily(2.6) hex. If your interested I took a photo of it. Regardless, I figured those were the problem, so i booted up into safemode. I have windows 7 partitioned and MacOS 10.6.7 on the same hard drive. In safe mode I found the selected kexts, and copied them to my desktop and then i proceeded to reboot. Then it kernel panicked in both safe mode and regular. I put the instal disk in and ran terminal and moved the kexts from the desktop back to their original locations (/extra/extensions). Now when I reboot it gets further than when it panicked, but stops at prl_net : : bindHW: (1) failed to setup promisc mode: 66. it says it twice and freezes there. I tried disk utility to repair permissions and repair disk. However, it does not do anything. Can anyone give me anything to try to fix this please? I am stumped. Yes, I have parallel desktop installed if that was needed to. Thank you!

Well i just reinstalled... all is fine.