Failing Hard Drive

2 posts in this topic

The Disk Utility keeps telling me I have a Failing hard drive and I should back up all my information.

Thing is, I've known this already for at least two years when I had Windows installed on this hard drive, and it kept crashing on me. So basically, I don't really care that its failing.

But I want to be able to do things within the Disk Utility, like Repairing Permissions etc. it won't let me do this with my failing hard drive. Is there any way I can make osx think I have a perfectly fine hard drive? I don't plan on getting a new one :)

The Disk Utility keeps telling me I have a Failing hard drive and I should back up all my information.

Thing is, I've known this already for at least two years when I had Windows installed on this hard drive, and it kept crashing on me. So basically, I don't really care that its failing.

But I want to be able to do things within the Disk Utility, like Repairing Permissions etc. it won't let me do this with my failing hard drive. Is there any way I can make osx think I have a perfectly fine hard drive? I don't plan on getting a new one :lol:

Probably not the answer you're looking for, but get a new drive!

If your hard drives failing, and has been for two years, theres a problem... You'll save yourself a lot of headaches in the long run if you just go pick up a new one for like 50$.