Fun with firewire and Hell Latitude

4 posts in this topic

So I plug in my isight camera after being happy enough to find a iLink firewire cable that will connect my iSight to my laptop. so I was happy until nothin happened. Checked everything and nothin. None of my pc's have firewire. So.... back to the drawin board. I noticed nobody on the forums mentions having issues with firewire devices. After reading a few articles hours later its now an issue with providing power to the device, thats probably why its not working in either laptop. Having that bein said, I am going to get a stupid cable or whatever i have to do, Buy a PCMCIA card!!!!!!! stupid but it has power! so then I will update this postand let you all know if isight works on osx86 i read it does, but nobody mentioned laptops so thats what im gonna do :P:whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

ok So I got the PCMCIA firewire card for the laptop and Just like a mac Doesnt recognize the card. I got one more in the mail comming. I will update from then. I also tried Isight on windows xp pro with the pcmcia card and tada! Doesnt work. Pretty soon this will be used as a door stop (I-Sight Camra) that is

• 1 month later...

my journey comes to an end. as far as the hell laptops are concerned!. I wasted lol time and money on a stupid camera. I got a pcmcia card off of ebay which has power *con* no damn drivers for OSX. but says it works for xp. i have yet to try a desktop machine with a completely diff firewire card. 4 pcmcia-1394 cards what a waste :censored2: