Intel 82579 Driver - Can't Get it to Stick

SandyBritton

5 posts in this topic

The onboard Intel 82579 NIC seems to have a bit of an issue with hnak's E1000 intel driver. Performance is definitely not optimal, and it cuts out every so often, showing a "Cable Unplugged" state. Yes, I've tried a new cable, but that hasn't seemed to work. I'm getting about 100KB/sec from local LAN sources over various protocols, and about 60-70KB/sec over the internet. Much less than I should be getting in both categories.

Any ideas?

The onboard Intel 82579 NIC seems to have a bit of an issue with hnak's E1000 intel driver. Performance is definitely not optimal, and it cuts out every so often, showing a "Cable Unplugged" state. Yes, I've tried a new cable, but that hasn't seemed to work. I'm getting about 100KB/sec from local LAN sources over various protocols, and about 60-70KB/sec over the internet. Much less than I should be getting in both categories.

Any ideas?

As of porting the driver, the original linux version of e1000e (1.2.10) seems to have problems with 82579, seeing from the later change logs. ( The latest linux driver is 1.3.10a )

I will check the difference when I have time.

Any ideas?

I have just built an untested driver based on 1.3.10a linux.

As I do not have 82579, I cannot check to see if it works.

Available at:

mediafire

-- sorry, my first post link was wrong.

Unless I got the wrong driver from the link you provided, the plist file inside the driver does not contain all the settings for the intel cards like the OPs mentioned driver did, so after using it, my adapter was not seen at all.

Intel 82578DM

Chris

Unless I got the wrong driver from the link you provided, the plist file inside the driver does not contain all the settings for the intel cards like the OPs mentioned driver did, so after using it, my adapter was not seen at all.

Intel 82578DM

Chris

Very sorry, I posted a wrong link - it's fixed.