Making best of setup

funkmasta

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys. First off, I'd like to thank this community for all its tutorials and guides. I've got OS X running and its phenomenal!

However, I still do have a few issues with my setup. I'm running on an Inspiron 8600. I got the ATI video card stuff to work with callisto and have the battery meter working. I know my Intel wireless card will not work as of now and I may buy a different card in the future. I am pretty confused about the trackpad though. It works, but I would like tapping and edgescrolling. I tried the method and drivers of here, but I am running into problems. What exactly do his directions mean?

Apart from that, could someone recommend a nice, cheap wireless card for laptops?

Thanks for all your help.

Edit: One last thing I was wondering about is if it is possible to have my Windows partition be write accessible when I'm running OS X. It doesn't seem to be at this point.

Edit: One last thing I was wondering about is if it is possible to have my Windows partition be write accessible when I'm running OS X. It doesn't seem to be at this point.

If your Windows partition is formatted as NTFS, then no. Most likely, if you're running Windows XP or Windows 2000, your partition is NTFS, but do check just incase.

If your Windows partition is formatted as FAT32, then yes.