Snow Leopard on AMD Sempron 3000+

jazzyguy

6 posts in this topic

Anyone know if it is possible? I have an intel hackintosh. I know plenty about hackintoshing, just not AMD. But what all do I have to do with AMD? I've seen kernels that look like they work OOB, but then I've also seen stuff with all this patching.

What do I need to know about AMD? And will that CPU work?

Anyone know if it is possible? I have an intel hackintosh. I know plenty about hackintoshing, just not AMD. But what all do I have to do with AMD? I've seen kernels that look like they work OOB, but then I've also seen stuff with all this patching.

What do I need to know about AMD? And will that CPU work?

Can you guys help me out?

hi jazzyguy,

yes it is possible to install os x 10.5.2 in amd smpron, it will also run fine but before that u have to post ur sys specs

if possibe/

maccy

How about 10.6.x? And I can get everything else figured out, I just need help with what to do in terms of the AMP Sempron 3000+ processor. What all must I do? I need a new kernel and patching some files? Or what exactly?

Thanks!

well i aM NOT SURE THAT U SHOULD GO WITH 10.6.X AT FIRST ATTEMPT. BETTER TO TRY OUT 10.5.2 SINCE IF U GOOGLE THEN U WILL FIND THAT THIS DISTRO IS WELL KNOWN FOR ITS COMPLETE HASSLE FREE INSTALL IN ALL AMD SYSTEMS. NO NEED OF NEW KERNEL , SLEEP KERNEL WHICH IS DEFAULT WIIL DO.

well i aM NOT SURE THAT U SHOULD GO WITH 10.6.X AT FIRST ATTEMPT. BETTER TO TRY OUT 10.5.2 SINCE IF U GOOGLE THEN U WILL FIND THAT THIS DISTRO IS WELL KNOWN FOR ITS COMPLETE HASSLE FREE INSTALL IN ALL AMD SYSTEMS. NO NEED OF NEW KERNEL , SLEEP KERNEL WHICH IS DEFAULT WIIL DO.

Nope. I have a perfect 10.5.8 install on my laptop. I want snow leopard. And I know it can be done fairly easily. I just want to know what needs to be done for an amd processor.