Need help with simple sleep fix

st3r86

5 posts in this topic

I know, another "sleep makes my computer restart" thread. But wait! This time, I'm sure its an easy fix for you experienced folks out there as my set up and installation wasn't so complicated.

Installed from retail 10.6.3 DVD from Nawcom Mod CD and no other fixes. Was able to update to 10.6.7, installed Nawcom 10.6.7 SleepEnabler.kext and everything works...except...

sleep restarts computer but with no KP or anything like that. Just boots back into desktop.

How do I fix this? I already reviewed BIOS settings, has S3 for system suspend. Repaired permissions and rebuilt caches and all that. Still restarts.

System is a Dell Vostro 220, Intel E2200 CPU, Nvidia 9600GT, 4GB memory. Nothing fancy, no add-ons.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! =)

Send me your DSDT. What I did to make my computer to sleep is that I changed USB part in DSDT. But wait! When I wake it up, it restarts. Before I did that, it was restarting immediately when I suspended.

I don't know if you'll have the same issue as me, but, you have nothing to lose :rolleyes:

Send me your DSDT. What I did to make my computer to sleep is that I changed USB part in DSDT. But wait! When I wake it up, it restarts. Before I did that, it was restarting immediately when I suspended.

I don't know if you'll have the same issue as me, but, you have nothing to lose :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, but I'm a noob. How do I get the DSDT so that I can send it to you?

But yeah, my issue is that as soon as I get it to sleep, it seems fine. The power LED is glowing off and on the way it should. But when I click the mouse button, instead of waking, it just boots the computer back up again as if I clicked reset.

Hi Guys,

I too have the same problem problem. Installed from iATKOS S3 V2 & updated to 10.6.7. I got the GMA950 Desktop, RTC, Shutdown working with DSDT patch. I do not have the HPET support in BIOS or hardware (MB). Therefore I have to use SleepEnabler for 10.6.7 with the Disabler.kext which disables Apple's native power management which needs HPET BIOS/MB support to start the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.

To get the sleep, I copied the SleepEnabler 10.6.7 into /E/E & rebooted. After logged in successfully & when it goes to sleep, PC reboots/restarts. It is same when I select from Apple menu to "Sleep".

I have below kexts in /E/E

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext, Disabler.kext & fakesmc.kext

Also without the SleepEnabler, PC goes to sleep but it never wake up - I had to do a hard reset. I tried all BIOS settings for power S1, S3, also Legacy UBS enabled/disable etc without any change.

Any ideas/helps to get the sleep/wake up work?

I also would like to know what are the requirements (kexts to load) to get the sleep/wake up work.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.