Kernel panic after kext installation

Rampz

1 post in this topic

My system has been up and running for a while now, after some work I did get the most of my hardware to work with Snow Leopard.

But now: I was trying to get a Linksys WUSB54gc WLAN USB-adapter to work on my hackintosh, and installed the kext linked to in this guide using Kext Helper b7. Then I was about to repair permissions (or rebuild caches or what it's called) using Kext Utility, when my computer froze. Managed to restart it, but now I get a Kernel panic: "Unable to find driver for this platform: ACPI".

Have been trying -x, -f, -v, -s at startup, but no luck. So what to do next? Is there a way to repair permissions without booting into OSX? Or is there anything else that I 've overlooked?

(If this is possible without the SL-DVD that would be extra convenient, since I forgot the disc at my second home a couple of hours away from where I am right now).

Some specs:

ASUS P5E, Q6600, 8800GT, 4GB Mushkin

2x 500 GB, one with Win7, one OSX 10.6.7.

EDIT: Now I also realize that i did not follow the guide exactly as I should. "Use whatever program you downloaded to install the WUSB54GC kext (it's at System/Library/Extensions inside the folder you unzipped)." I copied the kext to System/Library/Extensions, and installed it from there.