Installation - AMD X2 260

Zeenoside

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys + girls,

I thought i'd have a go at getting OSX running on my machine, well i've sort of got it there, I was hoping you might be able to point me in the right direction of getting it going a bit better?

I've finally managed to get it to boot and get a GUI but currently:-

My issues are:

• Screen resolution of 1024x768
  • Can't boot without "-v -f busratio=16"
  • No sound
  • No network (wahhh)

My current setup is iATKOS v7 with the following setup customizations (I think! Is there any way to get an absolute list out?):

ATKOS v7 System

Chamleon 2

/Extra

DSDT

Apple Decrypt

Disabler

OHC

TyMCE

9.7 Kernel

System->

System->Sound->Azalia

System->Network->Realtek 8021cl

System->SATA->nForce

I've tried various combinations of:

NvEnable

EFI DVI/VGA (and also EFI VGA/DVI after a fresh install)

coreNvidia

NV GT200

My hardware setup is thus:

Processor: AMD X2 260

Motherboard: ASROCK N68C-UCC - NVIDIA® GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a

GPU: nVidia GForce GT 220 (with 1GB onboard) (monitor connected via DVI)

RAM: 4GB DDR

HDD: SATA 500GB Seagate

DVD: IDE 16x DVD-RW

I'm not sure what to do about APIC settings in the bios (or indeed what to select in the customzation bit - looking at my notes i've tried it with the x86 APIC but not sure if it made any differnce, i've reinstalled about 20 times i'd estimate so it all kind of blurs into one :))- i can't find anything in there, i've turned off cool 'n quiet though - that's the only thing that i could find referenced in any of the guides that i've read.

I think that should be everything but please ask and I'll try and fill in any blanks that I may have left out :).

I have a similar mobo. I suggest to install snow leopard. you need legacy kernel, fakesmc, openhaltrestart, ioahciblockstorageinjector, nullcpupowermanagement (use the last one if you don't have a patched dsdt). if you have alc662 use those kexts AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.zipAppleHDA.kext.zip it should work (only output). set in smbios.plist MacPro2,1

set bios to ahci (if you can)

I have a similar mobo. I suggest to install snow leopard. you need legacy kernel, fakesmc, openhaltrestart, ioahciblockstorageinjector, nullcpupowermanagement (use the last one if you don't have a patched dsdt). if you have alc662 use those kexts AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.zipAppleHDA.kext.zip it should work (only output). set in smbios.plist MacPro2,1

set bios to ahci (if you can)

Hi ytrox,

Thank you very much for your reply - i'll give them a go - thankyou again ;).

Which ISO should I use for Snow Leopard? Is there a "distro" name I can search for? It's a bit overwhelming with so many options (and i've never used a mac before so not sure what's what).

Cheers :P

Edit: Oh my god how did I miss the whole tutorials sub forum? Urrgh. Ok let me read that :). Thanks again for you pointers :)