Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

iSCSI initiator + Disk Storage

1 post in this topic

Hello everyone.

I'm actually using a iSCSI initiator (GlobalSan Initiator) to connect a big disk storage system.

So, the initiator is installed in two Mac Pro. Great access, great performance.

The question is, that scenario works perfectly...except for the integrity of data when I use the LUN (I mean, with the globalsan connection) in two or more Mac.

I found that randomly, the disks lost her integrity. Mac is unable to write inside, etc.

I think that disk format is the cause. All the partitions detected in Mac, were formatted with HFS+, but this format is not like called "clustered" or something like xSAN. Then, it fails like when you connect to a LUN from a Windows and format it with NTFS. Windows will be the owner of partition tables, and any other Windows, doesn't will able to use this disk storage, right?

I supose that HFS+ is not capable to work with two or more connections.

So, do you know any other way to do that? I mean, there is any other disk format to apply?, to working properly in two or more Mac?

Thanks in advance