How to add Snow Leopard to USB Device without a mac?

arturp

5 posts in this topic

Hello all.

I'm using linux mint 9 and I would really like to try osx86 but I need to put snow leopard in my 8 Gb usb device.

I had tried this command in console: dd if=snowleopard.dmg of=/media/usb-device-name/snowleopard.dmg

But after a moment it says that there isn't enough space or something like that.

I don't have access to a mac to burn the image in the pendrive, and also don't have a multi layer dvd recorder, it doesn't even read double layers.

I really need to burn the image in the pendrive to try to install the hackintosh.

I didn't find anything about burning dmg file in a pendrive without a mac.

So, I will need help to know if you know any way to do it on linux or windows. I can install windows too.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Good morning for all.

You could always use VMware, and hook up the device to the virtual machine. Then use a nawcom bootcd, and a OSX install disc iso (that way you don't have to burn any dvds). This is the technique I used and it worked fine, only with a hard-drive instead of a USB. Good luck!

You could always use VMware, and hook up the device to the virtual machine. Then use a nawcom bootcd, and a OSX install disc iso (that way you don't have to burn any dvds). This is the technique I used and it worked fine, only with a hard-drive instead of a USB. Good luck!

Hi fusobotic.

Thank you very much.

It's a really easy way to install in vmware. I'am exploring it now.

Finally I can access the instalation menu of snow leopard.

I'm new in vmware and in this kind of hackintosh stuff.

Do you suggest that I do a usbflash in vmware and then install from boot cd after restart the computer?

If I install in vmware only it will be always slow.

Best regards.