Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Macbook pro 13 TrackPad's 1 second drag release delay

3 posts in this topic

I have a macbook pro 13 (mid 2010). The one that really kills me is the delay when I'm trying to drag something with the trackpad, I lift my finger, and I have to wait a second for it to actually release whatever I'm dragging. I can see how this may be useful in some cases, but personally it annoys the hell out of me. I want it to release instantly and I can't seem to find a setting for this in the preferences. Am I missing something there? If I wanted this type of behavior I would turn on the "Drag lock" option. Anyone know if it's possible to get rid of this delay? Thanks.

its the default behaviour in all multitouch trackpads.

happens on all my machines.

just tap the pad once, when the window is positioned and then you can go on as before