Help! Gainward GTS 250 1024mb not working in SL (Bad res or no QE/CI)

Its an Act

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm using a Gainward GTS 250 1024 DDR3 with 10.6.3 (Previously 6.7) Snow Leopard installed from a real disk with MyHack 1.1.

These are my specs:

Gainward GTS 250 -

Asus P5Q3 Deluxe Wifi-AP

On-Board Sound

On-Board Wifi

Using an IDE DVD Drive and a SATA DVD Drive and Two SATA 500GB HDs

I've searched for many ways to make this card work with my system and none of them seem to work. I've attempted GFX strings from Aquamac, But that has no QE/CI. The MyHack standard configuration works the same as the GFX string.

I installed a GFX string from a thread I found on this forum using OSX86 tools, and it works with QE/CI but the res is 800x600 even with "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x30@60" and when I change it in Sys Prefs it goes dark blue, and when I restart it boots into a light blue colour which doesn't change. I can boot with safe mode (-x in bootloader), but changing my resolution in sys prefs does the same dark blue and changing it in com.apple.boot.plist does nothing.

I hope that someone will be able to help me because this has been bugging me for about three weeks now. My whole system runs fine apart from this!

Will

I believe I have installed it correctly, however, there is no QE / CI still. There is also no GUI when I get into the bootloader even though I put a themes folder in. This is a minor thing and I don't really mind though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I just made graphics enable and it gives 800x600 and blue screen when I change resolutions. Now I am quite confused, where do I go from here?

EDIT: Putting GraphicsEnabler=Yes and "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32@60" makes it go 1280x1024 when the grey apple is doing it's thing, and then it auto reverts into 800x600.