Speedtouch ADSL on OSX86

Naim Slim

4 posts in this topic

Hello all, my first post on these forums but I'll try to be brief. I know this has been asked before but I recently found something which may assist people, including myself, needing to use the Speedtouch ADSL modem on Intel Macs.

The official driver supplied by the manufacturer is designed for PowerPC only and they currently seem to have no plans to develop for Intel based macs just yet.

Question is, would it be possible to use these drivers that I found on SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/speedtouch/ titled "Speedtouch for *nix", as it occured to me that Mac is BSD based. My suspicions were confirmed :D when it said:

Operating System: All BSD Platforms (FreeBSD/NetBSD/OpenBSD/Apple Mac OS X), All POSIX (Linux/BSD/UNIX-like OSes), Linux

Thus, would it be possible to compile the Platform-Independent source file for use on Intel based Macs? I haven't got time to try it at the moment but I was wondering if anyone could shed light on this.

Thanks in advance. So much for being brief :D

Naim

Right I'm downloading xcode to see if I can compile the driver myself (as xcode provides all the utilities like gcc).

After clicking around, I think this thread is in the wrong place. If mods could move this thread to the Hardware --> Drivers forum, perhaps it'd be more useful. Thanks!

• 1 year later...