Dell D620 install help

johnthor

1 post in this topic

I cannot seem to install the Mac OSX to my laptop. Using the Apple DVD, The Mac apple logo with a "spinning" circle runs forever without getting to the install screen. With the -v option it appears the intel cpu timer is timing out?

Specs

1. 1.66 GHz Core 2 (T5500)
  2. 2 GB DDR2
  3. Intel Pro Wireless 3945ABG internal wifi card (yes I know the WIFI will not work)
  4. Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller
  5. NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M
  6. SigmaTel HD Audio
  7. Bios version A10 (last release)

1) Purchased the DVD from apple (10.6.3)

2) Burned the D620SLV1.iso to CD

3) Dual boot system (Windows 7 and hopefully MAC os)

4) Setup a new 320g hard drive with 270g for windows and 50g (GUID partition for Mac)

5) Booted up fine with D620SLV1.iso, changed to the mac DVD and selected the DVD install

6) the Mac apple logo with a "spinning" circle runs forever without getting to the install screen.

6a) With the -v option it appears the intel cpu timer is timing out?

7) I was able to get ideneb 10.5.8 to install and boot properly with Windows 7. (needed the APCI fix) Applied the kext files to get Ethernet, keyboard, mouse and sound to work.

Video is a little flaky...Thought maybe I could step from a working ideneb to the retail 10.6.3 DVD only to have the install restart the laptop midway through installation and corrupting the install.

Another clean install of ideneb

Thank you for reading this post and hopefully helping with the install. Although I have seen a lot of posts about "easy" D620 hackintosh installs, it appears my situation is not too uncommon.

John :angry: