Sata troubles on Asus Striker 2 Extreme

Metro2041

4 posts in this topic

Mac OS can be installed only on HDD which is connected by usb. When HDD is connected using sata, only the bootloader (Chameleon 2.0 RC5) works. Also Mac doesn't detect any other Sata HHDs. And problem is seemed to be connected with motherboard, because there are people with the same motherboard and the same problem.

Chipset is NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI. Also Jmicron exists. What kexts should be used or anything else to deal with this problem?

Mac OS can be installed only on HDD which is connected by usb. When HDD is connected using sata, only the bootloader (Chameleon 2.0 RC5) works. Also Mac doesn't detect any other Sata HHDs. And problem is seemed to be connected with motherboard, because there are people with the same motherboard and the same problem.

Chipset is NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI. Also Jmicron exists. What kexts should be used or anything else to deal with this problem?

1. Get a IDE (PATA) DVDRW and jumper-set and connect as Master to your MOBO

2. See my nForce chipset MOBO Snow Leopard Install Guide here......and my Series 7 nForce + Intel CPU MOBO Guide for Leopard (includes link to BIOS settings for OS X in post #1) here.....and my blog for Snow Leopard and Leopard install guides...... :D

Ask questions in my Leopard and then Snow Leopard threads if you want my help!

3. Set your BIOS as shown in template for 790i Ultra OS X..........do not get hung up on AHCI mode........as the template says it is a "composite guide".........your BIOS may not have every BIOS parameter shown..........some BIOS setups enable AHCI mode implicitly when the SATA Controller is enabled together with RAID mode (even though the installed HDDs are not set up in RAID i.e. by the individual SATA Channel RAID modes being disabled)....... :D

Thanks! It's finally working :)

Glad to help....... :D