Passed Quiz Part 2 But Cant Post?

SysSU

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

So I passed the quiz part 2 and part 1 and I still do not have permissions to post. I read the rules as far as posting and I did not see any other steps I needed to follow.

Also my name is Seldon nice to meet you all and thank you in advance for all the help you are going to provide me with.

Hello,

So I passed the quiz part 2 and part 1 and I still do not have permissions to post. I read the rules as far as posting and I did not see any other steps I needed to follow.

Also my name is Seldon nice to meet you all and thank you in advance for all the help you are going to provide me with.

First of all, it would be better to pm a member of staff if you have problems posting.

Secondly, I can't understand why you can't post in every section of the forum. Going to investigate now.

First of all, it would be better to pm a member of staff if you have problems posting.

Secondly, I can't understand why you can't post in every section of the forum. Going to investigate now.

Seems to be working now, maybe you did something or maybe it just took a bit to update in the system. Also I'm sorry I wanted to get started soon and I was not sure what was the best route to take.

Mystery! Can you try again, please?

Seems to be working now, maybe you did something or maybe it just took a bit to update in the system. Also I'm sorry I wanted to get started soon and I was not sure what was the best route to take.

OK. I can see that the problem solved itself. I checked in the ACP, but I couldn't find anything wrong.

Make sure you read the posting guidelines as well, especially the part about "can you tell me what to buy?" questions...

Make sure you read the posting guidelines as well, especially the part about "can you tell me what to buy?" questions...

Im trying to post here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showforum=151 maybe you are not suppose to? Also I did the search and found nothing related to the topic I started and you must of deleted. WiKi seems confusing to me and I'm looking for a direct answer, did the search "best graphics card" and top results were about boot loaders, how to fit a pc in a g5 case, introduce yourself, chameleon loader, DSDT auto pathcer...none of them helping me with my topic.

Im trying to post here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showforum=151 maybe you are not suppose to? Also I did the search and found nothing related to the topic I started and you must of deleted. WiKi seems confusing to me and I'm looking for a direct answer, did the search "best graphics card" and top results were about boot loaders, how to fit a pc in a g5 case, introduce yourself, chameleon loader, DSDT auto pathcer...none of them helping me with my topic.

The Wiki may be confusing now, but will probably make more sense once you dive into the installation process.

Here's the best place to start:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...L_10.6.5#NVIDIA

A huge list of nVidia cards (my recommendation for ease of installation), anything that says "works out of the box", "oob", or "graphics enabler = yes" is your best choice. Please do your own research on cost and features...

You can also check the components sections of the HCL for the other versions of Snow Leopard (10.6.4, 10.6.7, etc.) for more/different choices.

Most Nvidia PCI-E 8x and 9x are perfectly compatible.

Looks like the 9800GT might be my best bet. Is it possible to buy a old or refurb. Mac Pro graphics card and use that? That way you know it should for the most part always have support...right?

Looks like the 9800GT might be my best bet. Is it possible to buy a old or refurb. Mac Pro graphics card and use that? That way you know it should for the most part always have support...right?

You're using a PC, buy a new video card made for a PC.