IDE Raid driver for P5LD2?

Taru

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

I've installed Osx86 10.4.6 not that long ago on a SATA drive and after install (actually even during install) I've realized that it can not see my IDE drives which are on raid ide connectors (the red ones since the two optical drives needed the blue one). I have raid drives for them on the Asus cd but that can only be installed on windows (or atleast I didn't see drivers for mac).

I was wondering if there would be a way to make osx able to see my drives since those have most of my files and that would be sweet if I could reach them in osx. Even that's ok if I need to install some other software inside osx through which I can access them (like simulating a pc and istalling an xp and there install the raid drives and have access to my drives like that maybe if that's possible?)?

My config is:

Asus P5LD2

Intel Pentium D 930 3.00 ghz

1gb DRR2 memory

Gigabyte x800xl 512mb

2 optical drives

(DVD-RW Nec 3540A

DVD-rom Samsung 16x)

3 HDD: Samsung 160gb IDE, IBM 120gb IDE, Maxtor 200gb SATA II

Any ideas?

Thanx in advance for ideas!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys!

I've installed Osx86 10.4.6 not that long ago on a SATA drive and after install (actually even during install) I've realized that it can not see my IDE drives which are on raid ide connectors (the red ones since the two optical drives needed the blue one). I have raid drives for them on the Asus cd but that can only be installed on windows (or atleast I didn't see drivers for mac).

I was wondering if there would be a way to make osx able to see my drives since those have most of my files and that would be sweet if I could reach them in osx. Even that's ok if I need to install some other software inside osx through which I can access them (like simulating a pc and istalling an xp and there install the raid drives and have access to my drives like that maybe if that's possible?)?

My config is:

Asus P5LD2

Intel Pentium D 930 3.00 ghz

1gb DRR2 memory

Gigabyte x800xl 512mb

2 optical drives

(DVD-RW Nec 3540A

DVD-rom Samsung 16x)

3 HDD: Samsung 160gb IDE, IBM 120gb IDE, Maxtor 200gb SATA II

Any ideas?

Thanx in advance for ideas!

Hi!

I'm having the same problems with my ASUS P5W-DH... Have you come with a solution?

All the best

• 1 month later...