Screen Blacks out

El Mindo

2 posts in this topic

In the last couple of days, I've been experiencing a new problem. While using the computer (running smoothly), suddenly the screen will drop out, to black/no signal. The first two times this happened, I was uploading files to my web server, and I had to restart my computer with the power/reset-button on the case. And then it happened again today. Watching a Web-TV stream, mu screen cut to black. There was still sound (from the show) coming over the speakers, so the system and software probably kept running fine. I tried to quit the browser by cmd+Q, and other combinations on the keyboard, but with no reaction. So i just restarted the computer with the power-button again.

Running 10.6 (Snow) on a EP45-DS3, 4 gig memory and a HD 5770. Installed through [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with DSDT patch and Chameleon boot loader. No previous problems.

Any suggestions on what could be going on here?

Ok, the problem seems to occur more and more often. I'm getting a feeling that it has something to to with memory usage, as I had a similar problem/crash with an other build. But with the other build I would get the "You must restart you computer"-message (kernel error). I've been searching through the logs, but can't really find anything that seems to correspond to the crash.

Does anyone have any suggestions? They would be much appreciated.