BadAxe 2 CPU fans in DSDT, Help required...

Logicpro9_user

1 post in this topic

Hi guys, I am trying to get FAN readings from my motherboard using the new method with Acpimonitor.kext from project osx forms. Tis is what I have learned so far.

Fakesmc.kext works to read cpu core temps, GPU temps and Drive temps. We should all get this.

There now a kext that monitors the ACPI of your system, Acpimonitor.kext this detects information from the hardware monitor chip on the motherboard, The bad axe 2 chip is an SMSC Sensor chip (Model LPC47M182). But it has to be in your DSDT for it to read it.

So far I have edited my DSDT to get cpu voltage reading in istats via this Acpimonitor.kext. I am now trying to get a fan reading out of it, but the problem is I am not sure how to go about getting the information about the fans on the bad axe 2 motherboard to add to my DSDT.

I have tried the hack from the DSDTSE program which is..

Device (FAN)
			{
				Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0B"))
				Name (_PSC, 0x00)
				Method (_PS0, 0, NotSerialized)
				{
				   \_TZ.PFAN._ON ()
				   SFAN(0x03)
				}

Method (_PS1, 0, NotSerialized)
				{
					SFAN (0x01)
				}

Method (_PS2, 0, NotSerialized)
				{
					SFAN (0x02)
				}

Method (_PS3, 0, NotSerialized)
				{
					\_TZ.PFAN._OFF ()
				}

But I get a compile error as the device (FAN) don't exist on the bad axe 2 motherboard It must be called something else. this is the information i am trying to find out. but really not sure where to start.

Can anyone shine some light on this subject? it is very possible to get the fan readings.