HP nc6120 - Perfect Operation. Well... almost :)

ulath

10 posts in this topic

Ok.

Aside from wireless, which is Intel 2200, everything works just fine. Chipset is i915 so no worries there. Toshiba HDD 60gig (Ubuntu, MacOSX dual boot and no windoze! hehe). DVD-RW functions properly. If you need hardware specific please post a reply and i will supply them.

And BTW my laptop has a built-in bluetooth module and even that works flawlessly.

• 2 months later...

Which version of OSX are you running and is your ethernet and PCMIA slots working? Which kernel do you prefer? sse2 with or without emulation or nonx? I also have a problem with the notebook's video driver. It supports QE and CI but won't boot unless an external monitor is attached. Any help would be appreciated. I'm running 10.4.3 8f1111 just upped from 8f1099.

Thanks.

I have the nx6120 HP laptop and although I could get 10.4.1 up and running on dual boot. I keep getting a blue screen after boot (from DVD). Tried the JaS ppf and also the Wesley ppf.... same result (hangs on a blue screen.

I can boot successfully from the DVD on my desktop AMD64 machine.

ulath, what patches did you use?

ok...a little more digging on the forum. I found that if I plugged in the external monitor into the laptop, I found where my desktop got to. Not sure why it is sending the desktop to the external monitor but at least now I see the option to choose a language and install to the parition I have prepared....

ok...a little more digging on the forum. I found that if I plugged in the external monitor into the laptop, I found where my desktop got to. Not sure why it is sending the desktop to the external monitor but at least now I see the option to choose a language and install to the parition I have prepared....

I too am having this problem. I'm not sure if it is a problem with the Video kext or some other PCI kext that is not registering correctly. But after changing the video kext to the proper device ID it still tried to send the video to the monitor. Even after installation, still looks for a monitor as the promary screen. Followed the intel 915 working perfect instruction from the forum, but still had no luck.

I've tried the same stuff, thought I had success for a few reboots, but when I took the laptop to work to explain to a friend what I was experimenting with, It wanted to boot to the external monitor (which of cause was not connected).

I also couldn't get the ethernet working.

I've gone back to playing with 10.4.1 and am presently downloading 8f1099.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

has anyone managed to solve this thing with monitors?

Otherwise it is working fine, though sound is not quite ok - did you guys use any patch for it? There is some patch for this card in how-to selection, but i havent tried it yet.

• 1 month later...

Same laptop, but are not able to get my ethernet card running. Wireless is now working (Intel 2200BG).

It is not a big issue that ethernet is not working, but like to have it working.

Also my card reader & pcmcia is not working.

Using Jas 10.4.7 With QE/CI working.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

just for info if smbdy else will read this...

I just installed the 10.4.9 with help of this thread and it works perfect (well, the pcmcia and cardreader don't work, all other work). Just follow the thread and you shpould be fine. Also, repeat the whole install procedure for ethernet card, i900 and powermanagement patch.

I am also running the 8.9.1 Darwin Kernel, will try later the modified speedstep kernel...

br, miha