Osx on Asus T3-M3N8200 (MCP78)

Erik142

1 post in this topic

Hello!

I've been struggling to get osx running on my computer! The only distro I've been able to boot from dvd is iAtkos V7, it installs fine, but I can't boot from the HDD. The weird thing is that when I boot from the dvd, I have to have AHCI on, when I boot from HDD, I have to have AHCI off for chameleon to boot. My chipset is a nforce 730/720a (MCP78 combined north/southbridge), and I get the "Still waiting for root device" upon boot from HDD. I don't know how to fix this error. To boot from DVD I've used these flags "-v cpus=1 busratio=20 maxmem=4096". When I use the same flags from HDD, i get the error. ANY help would be greatly appreciated, I've tried to boot 10.6.3 Hazard, 10.6.3 iAtkos S3, 10.5.6 iPC, 10.5.2 Kalyway/Leo4all, nothing works except iAtkos V7 10.5.7. But I need help with the "Still waiting for root device", thanks in advance :)

EDIT:

Sorry to bump this thread.. But.. Anyone? :)

I haven't seen a mcp78 hackintosh that works :(

I tried to add my pnpid to ApplenForceATA.kext but that didn't work either, what should I try next?

I have Osx Snow Leopard 10.6.6 working in a virtual machine, but I want it to work "Irl" if you know what I mean :)