display problem with 10.6.6 hackintosh

simrat

12 posts in this topic

I installed snow leopard 10.6.6 today on my PC, after messing with the display drivers, i found it working after installing QE/CL package by (snipped), but only problem remaining is that resolution is not fitting in the screen, i mean my monitor resolution is 1920x1080 (24 inch) and when i change resolution to 1920x1080 in snow leopard, it seems compressed horizontally. it is wasting screen space horizontally, here is the image, it describes all. if i decrease the resolution then the problem is gone, but it is giving problem only on 1920x1080..

76337416.jpg

no modification done, i already installed netkas QE\CL package, thats why my Graphics card is working, i dont know my card has VGA port or not, its sapphire 4890 HD 1Gb, im using DVI port.

and mirroring is turned off default, i didnt see it in system Preference, but in system profiler its showing OFF.

this problem is really annoying :)

never had this problem in older builds of snow leopard

The Netkas Patch is revision 2. Have you installed revision 1?

Have you booted in 32bit or 64bit?

Try the other option.

Flush the Kext-Caches with option -f while booting with chameleon bootloader.

Try an other version of the bootloader.

strange occurrence

somewhere here in the forum should be the answer

good luck

Sorry Sorry sorry i‘m new here doesn‘t know so much about hackintoshs. But for my myhack solves problems and the resolution too.

Before there was only 1024x768 and after i could choose many other resolutions. And sorry for the link too it shouldn‘t be any advertisement.

i have an 50" plasma tv and when i connect my laptop over hdmi there are some problems with 1920x1080 too but 720p work without problems