Afraid to damage my 10.6.3 system with any operations

bori4

1 post in this topic

Hi folks,

i successfully installed 10.6.3 on my Dell Latitude E6510 (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219229&st=0).

But sometimes i have some after installation errors like:

Loaded HFS+ file:[system/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist] 479 bytes from...

or shutdown,restart does not work properly, i think someone who read that something listened about these on hack X.

So a little bit about my specs:

4Gb, OS X 10.6.3 with chameleon boot loader RC4 (problems with shutdown and restarts appeared after installation of NVenabler.kext, but also with it came availability to change resolution and other opportunities of video card NVS 3100m.

The last time i have an error that i have write above Loaded HFS+ file...... and chameleon boot loader could not load MAC OS X just after MAC OS X selection he hanged up with a green frog(chameleon) on the screen without any text. Then after numerous restarts i tried to boot with Wake=n it helped me, now i am in my mac. But how to avoid those numerous errors like this one Load HFS+.... as i understand, i must to add something in com.apple.boot.plist

now he seems like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
</dict>
</plist>

, some flags, strings, but how and what exatly, i don't understand. Also i could make update to chameleon RC5 ?

But i afraid that after updates system may show me some errors like "Kernel Panic" or smth. else , how i can prevent it? do i need to make with time machine backup? how then i could restore it after? or what i must to do, to make all updates or kext installations safety to early system ?

Thank you for understanding of my newbie questions and for the tip.