Have Vbox working great, but no widescreen - HELP!

albireo

2 posts in this topic

I have installed the retail version of SL on my GA-P55A-UD3 machine with an ATI 5850 and it's working extremely well! I have it in Virtual Box 4.04 as well as on a separate boot drive. My only problem is that I can't get wide screen modes to work in VirtualBox!

I have tried editing the com.apple.Boot.plist (in the /Extras folder) with the:

<string>"Graphics Mode"="1280x720x32"</string>

When I do this it puts me back in 800x600! I can edit the string to get other NON widescreen modes to work GREAT - just not any widescreen modes. If I enter a non widescreen mode it defaults back to 1024x768.

I've seen mention of editing the Virtual Box Machine file with:

<ExtraDataItem name="CustomVideoMode1" value="1280x720x32" /> but can't find the machine file anywhere in Windows 7 in the directories I've seen.

The directions I've found to the file path are as follows:

"Edit the file PATH_TO_VIRTUALBOX_FOLDER/Machines/OSX/OSX.xml where the OSX is the name of your virtual machine." I've done a search for every .xml file on my computer but only find a VirtualBox.xml file.

Please help! I'm ALMOST there!!

Thanks!!

Joe