Cannot See IDE HDD

petelopez

2 posts in this topic

Hello okay so i have been working on this for 8 day's i am using sata lite on dvd reader with 2 IDE hard drives when i go to disk utility it does not see any of my HDD's i set the pins correctly master > slave etc.. So i decided to grab a IDE sony dvd reader and it would not cross the grey apple so i rebooted and ran it with -v and it gave me "still waiting on root device" so i am assuming it has something to do with my IDE drivers? or chipset drivers? i am using IPC OSx86 10.5.6 Universal PPF5 Final and when i use a sata dvd reader it gets to the where to install os x to screen which shows no HDD's, under sata options in HDD i am using a m2a-vm motherboard the one without the hdmi so i am assuming i have the 690v chipset not the 690g? if anyone knows where i can download a mac os x iso that will work with my build or anything i can try please help i tried searching the forums on insanelymac and on the old osx86 website i cannot find anything and i really want this to work please if anyone knows anything let me know and here is a link to my cpu-z below that might help

p.s. i have a ide hdd formated too ntfs and the other to fat32

1709355.png

update i have just tried

Jas mac os x 10.4.8 amd intel sse2/sse3 release and have also tried hazard's newest

Snow Leopard 10.6.1-10.6.2 SSE2/SSE3 Intel AMD

all of these releases have not been able to detect my IDE hard drive and with both of these once i try my IDE dvd reader it stops with still waiting for root device. wierd i just wonder what is plaiging me.