ASUS Kernel Panic on B202 on install

porkenstein

2 posts in this topic

I am new to macs but have used pc's since back in the cpm days so I am normally pretty proficient. I am trying to install snow leopard on my EEEpc b202. I have followed the guide exactly including using special bios. everything goes exactly as expected until the final driver install. Actually that installs but the final thing is the reboot after the install. I have tried the install several times and during last rebot I get kernel panic. Any suggestions. Thanks so much for helping a Mac newbie

Well after about 8 attempts I got it working. when ever I got a kernel panic and force rebooted it I could never get back in to the os. Last time I had a kernel panic but after the forced reboot It rebooted normally. No idea of the prob was. Hope I don't have to install again or it will be a Mac Mini for me. :)