Need help with a HP dv6 (2170us) DSDT

neite

4 posts in this topic

I have been able to load 10.6.3 on my machine and sound works but not much else as soon as I do the 10.6.6 update I cant even boot into it, regardless of which flags I use..

I have been reading Maldon's posts and attempted to use his dsdt patcher for my machine but the only patch he has for a DV6 is for an i7 processor and mine is an i5 (430m).

I have the "send-me.zip" but cant reply on his topic since I have never posted before.

I have successfully built two desktops but never completed a laptop and would love some help with it.

I appreciate all that you guys do. Your work is truly amazing and I cant tell you how much I appreciate all the help you have given me and countless others.

Maldon, if you read this I would love for you to take a look at my dsdt.

I am also having trouble with my broadcom wifi card. Is there anyone out there that has been able to get the broadcom working or am I out of luck?

send_me.zip

I cant boot in without cpus=1.

I tried on 10.6.3 and 10.6.6

Do I need to load a legacy kernel?

Also I am stuck with a black screen on every boot. Is that a Graphicsenabler issue?

Thanks for everything i am very very grateful.