I can't get sound: Intel HDA + Realtek ALC662

tglaria

7 posts in this topic

Well, I joined here waaaay back when I tried to install Tiger on a Turion notebook, couldn't do it and forgot about it.

Now (well it's been a while already), I have a netbook with Atom processor.

I loaded a retail Snow Leopard (10.6.0) image into a pendrive, used NetbookBotmaker 0.84 to make the pendrive bootable.

Then I loaded Netbook installer 0.85pre, and managed to update to 10.6.6 with keyboard, usb, touchpad and wifi working.

But sound... haven't been able to.

Already tried several ALC662 kexts, patching DSDT with DSDT Editor (and the bundled path for ALC662), installing AppleHDA (which gave a KP), and VoodooHDA which only gave me a high frequency pitch sound.

I have no idea how to get some sound out of the device.

Everest tells me it's an Intel High Definition Audio, and a Realtek ALC662 chip.

¿Any ideas?

Picture of the soundcard info gotten from everest: http://img145.imageshack.us/i/dibujo6q.jpg/

Ok, I advanced a little bit.

Using DSDT Editor, I used ALC662 patch and then patched AppleHDA using

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x62\x06\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

Now I have sound through Line-out, but can't hear anything from the internal speakers.

From "System Profile", the audio tab says that the speakers use a 1/8 connector, even though they are internal.

capturadepantalla201103c.png

Any idea how to fix this?

I've had the darndest time with ALC662 and AppleHDA on a number of platforms now. My current solution, even on systems running 10.6.6 was to replace the AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E completely with the version from 10.6.2 and to also stick ALC662.kext from 10.6.2 that someone compiled into /Extra/Extensions

You can get the 10.6.2 bundle here for the K45 shuttle hack by Eliade. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=185123

Good luck.

I've had the darndest time with ALC662 and AppleHDA on a number of platforms now. My current solution, even on systems running 10.6.6 was to replace the AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E completely with the version from 10.6.2 and to also stick ALC662.kext from 10.6.2 that someone compiled into /Extra/Extensions

You can get the 10.6.2 bundle here for the K45 shuttle hack by Eliade. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=185123

Good luck.

Tried that, din't work.

Just so you know, just installed Windows 7, and the speakers work, so it's not a hardware issue (had to test it to be sure).

Any other ideas?

I still don't understand why won't builtin speakers work while line-out does.

Is there somewher where I can check if the plug is detected as connected or not?