need help with belkin f5d7050

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I just bought a belkin f5d7050 and i need help getting it to work on jas 10.4.6.

productid: 0x7050

vendorid: 0x050d

i tried installing the latest rt2500 driver from ralink but it doesn't seem to work. this is the error i get:

23RT2500WirelessDriver is not compatible with with its superclass, 20IOEthernetController superclass changed?

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

i believe it's the original f5d7050. it doesn't have any version number written anywhere on the back. i was able to load the driver by repairing permissions but os x still doesn't recognize it as a belkin adapter.

does this version even work on os x? i only see ver 2 and v 3000 listed on the wiki.

unfortunately i got this from ebay an it didn't come with the original box. it's definitely not v4, i tried installing the v4 windows driver and it didn't work.

i tried both v2 an v3 ralink drivers on the mac and system profiler fails to identify the adapter.

i tried both v2 an v3 ralink drivers on the mac and system profiler fails to identify the adapter.

You won't see it under network adapters in sys profiler it'll only show in the usb section. It isn't until its connected in the wireless utility and setup as en1 in network prefs...

You'll prolly have to try all the version's drivers. The only way to check the version number is on the box as it is not printed on the usb adpater itself. If you use the ralink driver you install the utility then configure it for your wireless network. Once it says connected goto apple menu -> system prefs -> network -> in the show option choose en1 and se tit to auto dhcp and hit apply...you should see ip addresses pop up and you should be good to go...sometimes you have to repeat the steps 1 or twice till it works...but once it works it stays working..