Root device on Thinkpad Z60m

Saugkraft

3 posts in this topic

Hi forum,

again a question regarding "still waiting for root device". I browsed the forum and the net for a solution, but it seems that I'm too dumb to catch the right information.

I did an installation with the hotiso 10.4.6 on my Thinkpad Z60m (Pentium Mobile 760, Chipset i915, Intel 8280 Storage Controller). The installation works well, dual boot also (XP on the first primary partition, OSX86 on the second primary partition and a logical data partition as third). I added OSX to the XP boot manager with c:\chain0="MacOSX" and I press F8 at the startup to choose the OSX partition from the OSX boot manager.

At the boot: command line I start with -v -x, but the system hangs at the "still waiting for root device" message.

What can I do? Do I have to patch the ISO before installing (I thought the ISO is patched already) or do I have to use some darwin kexts for the ATA Controller?

Any help would be apprechiated.

best regards

S.

During the installation, right before clicking the Install button, you must first click the Customize button and install packages for your computer. Click the little arrow in front of the options to reveal the individual packages. Install only Intel packages, not AMD. Install only SSE2 or only SSE3, not both, depending upon the capability of your processor.