Iatkos v7 / Chameleon...

big_fella_andy

5 posts in this topic

Right, i've installed OSx... It said Instalation complete etc... Now the computer has restarted, and i've got to the "Chameleon" screen, where it says press any key for boot options..

I've read one tutorial which says "type -s" So Boot -s shows up. which is meant to put it into Single User mode?

I've tried this, and a black screen scrolls a load of text, looks like drivers are loading, but after this screen has flashed up, i'm left on a blank screen, with nothing visible on it which i can do.

At first i thought the resolution was too small, and what i needed to see was off screen, so i spammed some text to see if it came into my visible range, but i have no luck with this.

Also had a go at trying to just run chameleon boot loader without typing -s to see what happens... This just leaves me on a screen with an apple in the middle. doing nothing at all, it's been on for at least 15minutes now :)

Anyways, any help is appreciated as usual.

thanks

Andy :D

Right, i've installed OSx... It said Instalation complete etc... Now the computer has restarted, and i've got to the "Chameleon" screen, where it says press any key for boot options..

I've read one tutorial which says "type -s" So Boot -s shows up. which is meant to put it into Single User mode?

I've tried this, and a black screen scrolls a load of text, looks like drivers are loading, but after this screen has flashed up, i'm left on a blank screen, with nothing visible on it which i can do.

At first i thought the resolution was too small, and what i needed to see was off screen, so i spammed some text to see if it came into my visible range, but i have no luck with this.

Also had a go at trying to just run chameleon boot loader without typing -s to see what happens... This just leaves me on a screen with an apple in the middle. doing nothing at all, it's been on for at least 15minutes now :)

Anyways, any help is appreciated as usual.

thanks

Andy :D

Boot with -v (that's "verbose" output) to see what the problem may be, post a photo of it here if you see a kernel panic and can't figure out how to resolve...

Also be sure to include your hardware specs (best to put them in your signature so you don't have to type it every time)...

The board is an intel915GUX, PEntium 4, 3ghz.

The harddrive is a WD40gb sata,, the graphics i've had the problem with was a radeon x300se...

I've took that card out though now, and ran in -v and getting nothing at all, just a blank screen.

You might want to try another distribution, I've seen a few posts referencing that motherboard using either Kalyway 10.5.2, iDeneb 10.5.5, or iPC 10.5.6