Emulator on OS X to run Audigy

4 posts in this topic

Ok, I managed to get my AC97 Onboard sound to work. But now after an hour of listening the low quality sound is killing me. Is there a way to use a Windows emulator to install windows then install my drivers for my Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro?

Sorry, There is no way to do this. You need a native OS X driver for Audigy if you plan to run OSX natively. If you use some sort of virtualization software like vmware or parallels, those software's create a virtual sound card which will probably be something windows will already have drivers for, but the software itself relies on the native drivers (in OS X) to play through the real hardware.

There are NO drivers for any Creative devices (SBLive, Audigy..) anywhere for OSX, so you are stuck like the rest of us until someone decides to be nice and port or develop drivers..

ok thanks. What if I used my Sound Blaster Live card? I know there is mac drivers for that.

There are NO drivers for any Creative devices (SBLive, Audigy..) anywhere for OSX, so you are stuck like the rest of us until someone decides to be nice and port or develop drivers..

There are OS 9 drivers for the Mac version of the SBLive (not the PC version), but no OS X especially X86