Anybody have any luck with the XNU source

goudaman

1 post in this topic

Hey, has anybody had any luck getting a 10.4.7 kernel working? I started with 10.4.6 and upgraded to 10.4.7 with the complete update (e.g. all my frameworks and kexts are 10.4.7) Obviously, this isnt going to work out of the box, but does anyone have any info on what exactly the maxxus patches did to 10.4.4? So far ive been adding and removing while(1)'s to pinpoint the location where the panic occurs when i boot, since the panic messages cant be printed until the i386_init function finishes. So far ive managed to modify the TSC setup code to run without panics by removing the part that queries EFI for the FSB speed with a hardcoded value, likewise with the intel-specific code that gets the FSB multiplier. Obviously this means the TSC ticks->wall time conversion could be way off, but at least it gets farther. Next, it tries to intialize the HPET, which is a new intel timer chip that most random pcs, including mine dont have. I commented out the call and it gets to the graphical text boot and i can read the next panic message, although there are no symbols in the backtrace. Also from a search it appears the HPET is used all over the code, which is bad and could be the reason behind the second panic. Anyone have any more info? Maybe I'm missing something obvious since I'm not really familar with apple's kernel. (I do windows programming :whistle: )