Snow leopard on asus sabertooth x58, please someone help me?

imoracing42

11 posts in this topic

hi guys, i have a big problem with the installation of mac osx on my desktop pc.

I have tried to install snow leopard with hazard distro but it was a epic fail, becouse the installation don't start.

My bios settings are:

-usb3, sata 3 and 1394 disable

-storage configuration on AHCI

I used also this flag without success -v busratio:20 cpus:1

with out this flag the installation start for 2 second, than all crash and pc restart it :wub:

My configuration is :

i7 920 d0

asus sabertooth x58

3x2 gb ddr3 corsair dominator gt 2000

optical unit : plextor 880sa sata2

hd wd re3 320 gb sata2

Thanks in advance :D

Hi mate... your setup is similar to mine... I'm wondering if you are suffering the same problems as me during an install......

try this;

-x -v legacy busratio=X PCIRootUID=X GraphicsEnabler=no

X for busratio you seem to know, but the X for PCIRootUID is where the card is installed on your system... usually slot one.. check the mainboard \ manual.....

Using those setting I managed to get the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and SL 10.6.6 to install, and it was very smooth.... only problem I had was MASSIVE boot time loads as the install had long wait after graphics load errors.... just be patient (5-10 mins on the verbose screen readout)

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
Hi mate... your setup is similar to mine... I'm wondering if you are suffering the same problems as me during an install......

try this;

-x -v legacy busratio=X PCIRootUID=X GraphicsEnabler=no

X for busratio you seem to know, but the X for PCIRootUID is where the card is installed on your system... usually slot one.. check the mainboard \ manual.....

Using those setting I managed to get the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and SL 10.6.6 to install, and it was very smooth.... only problem I had was MASSIVE boot time loads as the install had long wait after graphics load errors.... just be patient (5-10 mins on the verbose screen readout)

Good luck

hi friend! Sorry maybe my english is not so good, but i don't understand what value is the "X"

if you can explain it easy is better, because i'have a problem with translation.

thanks in advance

nothings ;) i tried with: -x -v legacy busratio=20 PCIrootUID=1 graphicsEnabler=no

but i don't arrive at the installation's window :( , Pc restarts......

before this test i set in my bios cpuratio=20, at default it was set in auto......I disabled also ht tecnology and turbo mode......

How are you making the installation / What sort of installation guide did you use?

Do not use distribution installation - the preload boot kext files is most likely causing this.

Make your own boot and installation instead.

How are you making the installation / What sort of installation guide did you use?

Do not use distribution installation - the preload boot kext files is most likely causing this.

I used hazard's snowleopard iso, i don't know other installation's system.....

In your opinion, what should I use?

how can I create a custom installation disc ?????

Do you know any guide that is applicable even for my motherboard x58??

Here you go this is the guide I just finished. Hope you may find it helpful.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=252458

hello thanks for reply, Have i to disable usb3 and sata 6gb from my bios??? The triple channel doesn't create a ploblems????I have read on web that many people install snow leopard with memories in dual channel mode...