Another boot topic...

Jussi

4 posts in this topic

Hei all

Ive been running the 10.4.6 JAS install for a while now... and i was fiddling around with macdisk on windows ( i deleted a troublesome kext) and now my machine has issues booting. Seems Ive F'ed up the boot loader on my mac partition. so what i need to do is make my mac partition bootable again. right now I get an error that says "error loading operating system" and thats before anything else except the dell bios screen...

anyone help?

I am a n00b to OSx86, but it sounds to me like you have the mac disk as the active disk. To change this, download a linux disk, like slax or something and run cfdisk from terminal, uncheck the boot option from you mac partiton and move it to the windows partition, I'm not positive, but it sounds like your problem to me...

Thanks for your help attempt. I apreciate it. I ended up doing a full reinstall and that fixed the problem. And yes, I do have the mac partition as the primary active partition. this works like a dream. It comes up with the darwin bootloader and I can then choose windows or mac :)