KP caused by HPET error

Oil_Fan

4 posts in this topic

Before I had Snow Leopard running on my system. After my system blew up, I went to do a clean reinstall the OS but I've had nothing but issues. Originally I had followed BlackOSX (similar m/b w/ same chipset) instructions using Chameleon to get it working. After the original install, it listed my Q660 proc as a Xeon processor but it worked.

Now using the latest version of Chameleon and trying to boot to a thumb drive with Snow Leopard install, I get a kernel panic. Verbose mode states that it's cause by 'cpu 2 has no HPET assigned to it'. I've made sure the bios is set to use hpet in 64 bit mode but still no joy.

I've read something about DSDT fix but I'm still trying to figure out how to apply it to my chameleon boot.

Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

CPU: Intel Q6600

BTW, I also have MacBook Pro I can use to make any needed changes to files. And thanks for any help.

I found this topic very useful when making and editing my dsdt:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...190780&st=0

I don't know if it applies in your case.

this dsdt editor is also very convenient, it has a list with fixes and patches so you won't have to search for them. But the guideline in the first link is still needed cuz else it's just too damn complicated ^^

http://www.kexts.com/view/78-evosx86_dsdt_editor.html

I've had that same issue on my EP45-UD3P in the past. The only way I was able to get around it was to use a newer Chameleon build (640+) and turn on GeneratePStates=Yes and GenerateCStates=Yes while having the LPC fix in my DSDT (Those two options generate cpu speed stepping entries in your dsdt automatically). Then you get rid of NullIntelCPUPowerManagement and it should go away.

If you can't find a compiled build of Chameleon let me know and I can put one up.