Getting the Geforce GT420M to work

consolepilot

1 post in this topic

Hi everyone,

I`m not that a new user, but I have a serious problem I´d like to get fixed as soon as possible.

I have installed Snow Leopard 10.6.6 already, most things work perfectly, the only thing missing, is support for my graphics card -.-

I have a Dell XPS 15 laptop (the L501X version) with an Intel Core i5 processor and and nVidia Geforce GT420M graphics card. I guess there is also an integrated graphics card in my processor, because my laptop supports "Optimus" graphics switching.

After installing 10.6.6 I had to delete AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext (and some others), to get the system starting (I guess my integrated graphics are not supported by Mac OSX). I installed the essential Kexts using the newest [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] by Tonymacx86.com and his nVidia Update package.

Unfortunately, my graphics card is still not working after all. On boot, it is detected as a nVidia Geforce 420GT (I have GraphicsEnabler=Yes enabled), but it doesn`t seem to detect my VRAM (the card has 1024mb, during boot it shows 0mb).

I found this solution:

nVidia GT420M works on OSX 10.6.5 now!

But it did not work so far, maybe because there is a patched DSDT needed which I cannot use because my laptop is different.

So can anyone please help me? Help me with Kext ID patching perhaps, or DSDT graphics patching? I`d really like to get my Hackintosh to work!

Cheers,

consolepilot