Post 10.6.6 installation issue with updates

mandalay

1 post in this topic

I've been having experiencing this issue since I started this hackintosh project on my Acer Revo 3600, which has Intel Atom processor and nVidia ION graphics. Basically after installing Snow Leopard Retail 10.6 and updating it to 10.6.4, 10.6.5 or 10.6.6, Software Update does not detect any new updates with iTunes or Apple Airport Utility, or Snow Leopard version even though there are. I also tried to download these updates separately and installed them but failed to do so. The installer would inform that the volume does not meet the requirement and there is a bang on the hard drive on the same screen. However I can install software like Google Chrome without any issue.

It's frustrating since I'm able to get everything else working from sound to ethernet but just these updates from Apple. So every time there is a new Snow Leopard version I have to wipe everything, do a fresh install from 10.6 and update to the latest version; I couldn't update from 10.6.5 to 10.6.6 using the Combo Update package because of this issue.

So any help would be appreciated. Btw, I use myHack Installer 1.1 for the bootloader.