Snow leopard 10.6.3 - post install

djauxide

4 posts in this topic

Hi all

i recently upgraded my osx from 10.5.7 to 10.6.3 and i have managed to install snow with success. However aim unable to go past welcome screen and log in my details, And also that all my usb ports are not working at all so that i can use them please help im new at this really and any help will be much appreciated ..............

Thank you so much in advance

Seems like strange behaviour. Does booting verbose in 32-bit (-v arch=i386) provide any information on IOUSBFamily.kext having issues (or maybe -v -x32 for iAtkos)? That or BIOS settings with respect to the latest kernel would something I'd look at. But if you're on a laptop per your .sig, you may not have USB settings visible.

Also, is there anything in /Extra/Extensions that would override the /S/L/E IOUSBFamily.kext class driver for USB? And you may want to compare the version in the Info.plist for IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/ should be post 2010 if the versions are in sync with the SL distribution.

We encountered issues with USB ports intel chipsets some time ago that had a workaround in software drivers (but not on OSX), but also a hardware workaround. Some ports were not active on power-cycle boot, but active after a reboot that did not require post. So if you can, for example, boot and pause in boot loader, then ctrl-alt-delete and reboot without a power cycle, do you get past that point?

Seems like strange behaviour. Does booting verbose in 32-bit (-v arch=i386) provide any information on IOUSBFamily.kext having issues (or maybe -v -x32 for iAtkos)? That or BIOS settings with respect to the latest kernel would something I'd look at. But if you're on a laptop per your .sig, you may not have USB settings visible.

Also, is there anything in /Extra/Extensions that would override the /S/L/E IOUSBFamily.kext class driver for USB? And you may want to compare the version in the Info.plist for IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/ should be post 2010 if the versions are in sync with the SL distribution.

We encountered issues with USB ports intel chipsets some time ago that had a workaround in software drivers (but not on OSX), but also a hardware workaround. Some ports were not active on power-cycle boot, but active after a reboot that did not require post. So if you can, for example, boot and pause in boot loader, then ctrl-alt-delete and reboot without a power cycle, do you get past that point?

Snow leopard 10.6.3 - kernel panic ?Hello and thanks once again for your help

i tried to install kexts today without luck and got a kernel panic , so if you may please help, ive attached a photo as per instructions from osx @ start up!

and also if you could tell me if this means i have to reinstall the osx?

Thank you

Attached thumbnail(s) img-resized.png Reduced 91% 2048 x 1536 (668.29K) //