[SOLVED] Volume Slide and voodooHDA

19gc88

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

i have an HP HDX (64 bits) that runs perfectly under OSX, but i still have a question for you: i searched all over the forums but i cannot find out a clear answer.

The problem is about the Idt Hd audio. I can hear sounds with VoodooHDA, but to regulate the volume i must get into the system preferences to select Applications -> VoodooHDA and the select the volume from there. But i cannot regulate the volume from the upper bar, the one with the apple, as a normal mac user.

So:

1) I thought that maybe there’s a solution for this problem, a method to “link” the system volume to the VoodooHDA one.

2) Another thing that I thought was, if this is a know bug, maybe someone managed to insert a new volume slide (that depends on VoodooHDA) in the upper bar to substitute the original one that doesn’t work.

3) Anther thing that let me be hopeful is that i know there is a fix for 32 bits systems, that enable volume slide (just the upper part of the slide: under the half of the slide it will be mute, but for me it’s ok, i don’t need precision).

4) Last but not least, is there another kext (instead of voodooHDA) that will let me use the volume slide correctly? I read a lot about AppleHDA, but i’ve never understood if it works also for IDT sound. When i tried to install it, also with HDAEnabler, i had no results.

Thank you very much, and compliments for the forum. I know that you can help me.

Hi everyone,

i have an HP HDX (64 bits) that runs perfectly under OSX, but i still have a question for you: i searched all over the forums but i cannot find out a clear answer.

The problem is about the Idt Hd audio. I can hear sounds with VoodooHDA, but to regulate the volume i must get into the system preferences to select Applications -> VoodooHDA and the select the volume from there. But i cannot regulate the volume from the upper bar, the one with the apple, as a normal mac user.

So:

1) I thought that maybe there’s a solution for this problem, a method to “link” the system volume to the VoodooHDA one.

2) Another thing that I thought was, if this is a know bug, maybe someone managed to insert a new volume slide (that depends on VoodooHDA) in the upper bar to substitute the original one that doesn’t work.

3) Anther thing that let me be hopeful is that i know there is a fix for 32 bits systems, that enable volume slide (just the upper part of the slide: under the half of the slide it will be mute, but for me it’s ok, i don’t need precision).

4) Last but not least, is there another kext (instead of voodooHDA) that will let me use the volume slide correctly? I read a lot about AppleHDA, but i’ve never understood if it works also for IDT sound. When i tried to install it, also with HDAEnabler, i had no results.

Thank you very much, and compliments for the forum. I know that you can help me.

Read this!

Thank you sooooo much. You're fantastic. You're THE man.

As i write in the post's name, i solvedthis issue (runs perfectly) after 2 days of search.

I don't really know how to thank you. Hope you know you made a man happy.

Thank you very much again. I hope a day i can make something for you, and hope this post can be useful for others x64 - IDT system users

Ps. For the ones that cannot visualize properly the link rals send (and it's normal if you're in windows) try this: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...post&p=8478

or find in the fifth page of the comments (page 5) the post by NachoMamaKid (it has a lot of quotes).

Thank to him however, wherever he is now.